Are you an Educator looking for lesson activities for back to school? This hidden words wordsearch puzzle engages the brain, while fostering a collaborative classroom. Students need to find words hidden in the wordsearch grid, without having a list of words.
Brainstorm ideas for possible words related to back to school. Then locate words hidden in the grid. Next, record the list of words in the space provided.
Lesson activities using puzzles:
l. record list of words in alphabetical order
2. list the words in reverse alphabetical order
3. list the words by number of letters in each word, either increasing or decreasing number
4. use words as writing prompts
5. scramble the letters and then create a new word search puzzle
6. use to introduce the BTS unit
7. give puzzle to early finishers
8. use as part of a literacy center
Puzzle is available in both printable and google apps. Suitable for in-person learning, hybrid learning, distance learning, homeschooling learning and as a tutoring resource.