|Chemistry Vocab Hidden Word Search #05()|
Are you an educator looking for interactive resources for chemistry? This chemistry vocabulary hidden word search puzzle activates critical thinking skills and engages problem solving strategies. A list of 25 chemistry words, related to the periodic table, is hidden in the grid. Solve the puzzle by locating the words (examples could include: electron, neutron, proton, alkaline) and then recording them in the space provided. List does not include the names of the elements. There are no circled letter hints!
Solve the puzzle:
1. as a problem solving strategy, first, brain storm possible chemistry words
2. next, locate words hidden in the grid (critical thinking, visual acuity, prior knowledge)
3. then, circle the letter paths of each hidden word
3. finally, record the words in the space provided
Additional lesson plan activities might include:
1. record definitions for each word
2. have students create their own word search puzzles [link to blank word search grids is below]
3. challenge students to make connections between the list of chemistry words and the elements found in the periodic table [puzzles to support this activity can be found here: Chemistry-Periodic Table puzzles]
Blank word search grids found here: blank word search grids.
Puzzle is suitable for students:
- in high school grades 9-12,
- home school learning environments
- reviewing periodic table vocabulary and elements at the university level