|Chemistry Vocab Scrambled Word Search #06()|
Looking for teacher lesson plan resources for academic chemistry vocabulary? Here is a chemistry vocabulary scrambled letters word search puzzle to engage critical thinking skills, activate problem solving strategies and support review of academic chemistry vocabulary. The list of 25 words are related to the periodic table. The challenge is to locate the words (examples could include: radioactive, proton, liquid) hidden in the grid, after first unscrambling the letters to reveal the actual words. Note: some clues have more than one word, but the scrambled letter clues do not always represent the number of letters in each word.
Solve the puzzle:
1. rearrange the scrambled letters to reveal the words hidden in the grid and then record the correct spelling (keeps track of the words hidden in the grid); start with the shorter, easier scrambled letter clues
2. locate each word in the grid
3. circle, or trace, the letter paths of each academic word
4. track progress by checking off each word as it is found
Useful lesson plan ideas:
1. students can create their own word search puzzles to share with peers to solve [see link below]
2. to further engage critical thinking skills have students make connections between this list of chemistry words and elements of the periodic table [puzzles to support this activity can be found here: Chemistry-Periodic Table puzzles]
Here is the link to the blank word search grids: blank word search grids.
Puzzle is suitable for:
- tutoring high school students to support academic vocabulary building
- providing vocabulary building resources for high school students in grades 9-12 learning academic chemistry language
- vocabulary building for students in home school learning environments
- providing university students with a dynamic review of periodic table vocabulary and elements