|Chemistry Vocab Word Maze #04()|
Looking for teacher lesson plan resources for academic chemistry vocabulary? Here is a word maze puzzle with a list of 25 word clues. Word letter paths DO cross each other, creating a more engaging and challenging puzzle. Word search-like puzzle creates a maze like appearance when the letter paths are traced from beginning to the end.
To solve the puzzle:
l. first review the complete list of 25 words to 'engage' the brain
2. trace the letter paths: they travel vertically, horizontally, forwards, backwards and diagonally!
3. letter paths DO cross
4. track progress, by checking off the words
Lesson plan activity ideas:
1. use this list of words and have students create their personal word search puzzles [blank word searches link, below]
2. create additional critical thinking skills activities by having students make connections between this list of chemistry words and elements of the periodic table [puzzles found here: Chemistry-Periodic Table puzzles]; Here are some ideas: 1) organize information between the two word lists using any number of criteria, 2) match vocab with elements of the periodic table, 3) encourage students to spell the chemistry vocabulary using periodic table symbols [e.g. using the elements: Carbon, Argon, Boron, Oxygen and Nitrogen, spell the word: C A R B O N; or could Carbon be spelled using different symbols?]
3. foster collaborative learning environments: have students work together on activity #2 in its various forms
Blank word searches link: blank word searches.
Benefits of using puzzles in the classroom:
1. engages critical thinking skills
2. activates problem solving skills
3. helps to improve memory
4. supports brain health
5. fosters cooperative learning environments when students work together to solve the puzzles
6. consolidates spelling of the more challenging academic words
7. supports visual acuity