Looking for teacher resources and activity ideas for Declaration of Independence? This word search puzzle is unique in that it has words hidden in the grid, but without a word bank. To solve the puzzle students much first locate the words and then record the list of words in the space below the grid.
Here are some lesson plan activities that could be considered when planning your unit:
l. brain storm words for Declaration of Independence
2. have students work cooperatively to solve the puzzle
3. students create a report using: who, what, when, where, and how. Use the list of words for ideas
4. integrate words and activities into STEM and STEAM
5. put the words in alphabetical order
6. organize the words into parts of speech and explain why they were organized that way
7. using a word with many letters, have students record as many words they can find using ONLY that word
For example: in the word declaration, the following smaller words can be found: ton, ration, decor, read, lead, lace, ion, race
Suitable for distance learning, hybrid classrooms, with both in-person and virtual learning, independent and in-person learning, this puzzle is available in downloadable print, PDF, and Google apps versions.