|Properties of Matter Wordsearch#05()|
Are you looking for engaging teacher, parent or caregiver activities and resources for properties of matter? This 15 word word search puzzle activates problem solving skills while making learning fun.
Properties of matter include characteristics such as: color (red, orange, black, yellow, blue, green, purple), texture (soft, fluffy, rough, smooth), volume (the amount of space it occupies), temperature (hot, cold, tepid), melting and boiling points, the sound things make (e.g. creaky, crunchy), whether it sinks/floats, how bendable it is, whether it is hard or soft), mass (how much it weighs), whether something is magnetic or not
Solve the puzzle:
l. review the list of words
2. locate the words hidden in the grid
3. trace the letter paths; letter paths travel up, down, right, and left
4. track progress by crossing off each word as it is found
Choice Board Activities
l. use the words to create a new puzzles (crossword, wordshapes, matching, multiple choice)
2. include puzzle in literacy and science centers
3. have kids put the words in alphabetical order
Puzzle suits kids grades 2-3, blended and distance learning, independent and differentiated learning environments.