|Properties of Matter Wordsearch#11()|
Are you looking for fun educator activities and resources for properties of matter? Here is a 15 word word search puzzle to engage kids' critical thinking skills while making learning fun.
Properties of matter include characteristics such as: color (red, orange, black, yellow, blue, green, purple, bright, dull), texture (soft, gooey, fluffy, rough, smooth), volume (the amount of space it occupies), temperature (hot, cold, tepid), what it smells like (stinky, sweet), melting and boiling points, the sound things make (e.g. creaky, crunchy), whether it sinks/floats, how bendable it is, whether it is hard or soft), mass (how much it weighs), whether something is magnetic or not, visible/invisible
Solve the puzzle:
l. review the list of words
2. locate words hidden in the grid; no letter hints
3. trace the letter paths; letter paths travel up, down, right, left and diagonally in all 8 directions
4. track progress by crossing off each word as it is found
Choice Board Activities
l. use the words to create a new puzzles (crosswords, matching, multiple choice)
2. include puzzle in literacy and science centers
3. have kids put the words in reverse alphabetical order
Puzzle suits kids grades 2-3, blended and distance learning, independent and differentiated learning environments.