|St. Patrick's Day Puzzle()|
Are you looking for fun and interactive teacher resources to support St. Patrick's Day programming? Here is a St. Patrick's Day word maze puzzle to support learning vocabulary in a fun and engaging way. A list of 20 words is hidden in a word search grid. Students need to trace each letter path, consecutively, to create a maze within in the grid.
Puzzle also fosters a collaborative and cooperative classroom when students work together to solve the puzzle. Facilitates communication skills, team building and having fun learning without the kids even knowing it!
Steps to solve the word maze:
1. locate the circled letter (this start bubble is the 1st letter of the first hidden word)
2. trace the letter path to spell the word (letters travel up, down, forwards, backwards)
3. at the end of the word locate the first letter of the next word and trace its letter path
4. the challenge is to determine the next word from the list of word clues
5. repeat steps 2-3 to complete the puzzle
1. letter paths do not cross.
2. help reduce word choice by recording each word as its found.
Other lesson plan activity ideas:
- include puzzle in literacy center
- use word list as writing prompts
- have students write a persuasive letter, trying to persuade you why it's a great idea to include puzzles as part of their programming
Puzzle is suitable for students in grades 3-5 in home school and classroom learning environments.