|States of Matter Wordangle#01()|
Are you an educator looking for challenging and innovative puzzles for states of matter? Here is a wordangle puzzle to engage critical thinking skills while helping to build vocabulary and consolidate spelling! Puzzle augments and complements science programming. Suitable for students grades 2-3. Supports distance learning, blended learning, independent, differentiated, and home schooling learning environments.
Solve The Puzzle
l. first, review the list of words below the grid
2. next, locate the circled letters (start bubbles are the first letter in each word)
3. then, trace the letter paths for each word; letter paths travel up, down, right and left; no diagonals; paths may cross
4. finally, track progress by crossing out each word as it is located.
Choice Board Activities
l. have kids do a scavenger hunt to locate some of the vocabulary from the puzzle (e.g. honey, where you might find fire)
2. categorize each word by relating it to the states of matter: solids, liquids, gases (e.g. rain, vapor, boil are words that are related to liquids)
3. have students create any number of puzzles using vocabulary from this and any other puzzle (crosswords, multiple choice, word searches)
4. have students write an adventure story using as many words from the list as they can