|States of Matter Wordangle#02()|
Are you a teacher, parent or caregiver looking for engaging and innovative puzzles for states of matter? This wordangle puzzle will engage critical thinking skills, help build vocabulary and consolidate spelling! Puzzle complements science programming. Suitable for students grades 2-3. Supports distance learning, blended learning, independent, differentiated, and home schooling learning environments.
Solve The Puzzle
l. review the list of words below the grid
2. locate the circled letters (start bubbles are the first letter in each word)
3. trace the letter paths for each word; letter paths travel up, down, right and left; there are no diagonal pathways; paths may cross
4. track progress by crossing out each word as it is located.
Choice Board Activities
l. have kids do a scavenger hunt to locate some of the vocabulary from the puzzle (e.g. honey, where you might find fire)
2. categorize each word by relating it to the states of matter: solids, liquids, gases (e.g. gas, air, bubbles are words that are related to gases)
3. have students create any number of puzzles using vocabulary from this and any other puzzle (crosswords, multiple choice, scrambled letters)
4. have students write an adventure story using as many words from the list as they can