|States of Matter Wordangle#03()|
Are you an educator looking for innovative puzzles for states of matter? Here is a wordangle puzzle to engage critical thinking skills, help build vocabulary and consolidate spelling! Puzzle complements science programming. Suitable for students grades 2-3. Supports distance learning, blended learning, independent, differentiated, and home schooling learning environments.
Solve The Puzzle
l. review the list of words below the grid
2. locate the words hidden in the grid
3. trace the letter paths for each word; letter paths travel up, down, right, left; there is a right angled turn; letter paths may cross
4. track progress by crossing out each word as it is located.
Choice Board Activities
l. have kids do a scavenger hunt to locate some of the vocabulary from the puzzle (e.g. honey, where might you find vapor?)
2. categorize each word by relating it to the states of matter: solids, liquids, gases (e.g. dirt, chair, shoe are words related to solids)
3. have students create a puzzle using vocabulary from this and any other puzzle (crosswords, multiple choice, word searches)
4. have students complete the Frayar model graphic organizer