|States of Matter Word Maze#06()|
Looking for challenging teacher, parent or caregiver activities and resources for states of matter programming? This scrambled letters word maze puzzle engages critical thinking and problem solving skills. Puzzle resource complements science curriculum!
Solve The Puzzle
1. rearrange the letters to reveal the words hidden in the grid; print the correct spelling
2. review the unscrambled word list
2. locate the circled letter, |w|
3. trace the letter path; letter paths go up, down, right and left; there are no diagonal letter paths; paths do not cross
4. at the end of first word, compare surrounding letters with the remaining words to determine the next word path to trace; continue until the last word
5. track progress by crossing out each word as it is located.
Choice Board Activities
l. have kids complete the Frayer model graphic organizer (sample found here: Freyer Graphic Organizer
2 encourage kids to think about 'What if' questions (e.g. What if dew was not a liquid. Then what? Explain.)
3. have students create a puzzle using vocabulary from this and other states of matter puzzles (e.g. crosswords, multiple choice, word searches using word search grids found here: word search grid)
Suitable for students grades 2-3. Activity supports distance and blended learning, independent, differentiated, and home schooling learning environments.