|Valentine's Day Activity Page - 19()|
Here is a Grade 3 Valentine's Day activity page. Use in your lesson plans as a complement to Valentine's Day programming.
Activity page includes:
l. a list of 15 words hidden in the grid (arrow, white, candy, St. Valentine, thoughtful, heart, caring, chocolate, gold, resent, poetry, cookie, friend, nice, holiday), with
2. a follow up activity below the word search puzzle
This language/art based follow up activity directs students to draw a picture using between 3-5 words.
Words hidden in the grid may be found in all 8 directions: diagonally, vertically and horizontally.
Looking for additional lesson plan activities? Here are some additional ideas:
- have students create their own word search puzzles and exchange with a friend to solve
- list the words by number of letters in each word; put words in alphabetical order for each grouping (for example: 4-letter words should be listed this way: gold, nice)
- choose the word with the most letters and then find words within words (e.g. sample word choice=friend: end, den, fried, ... )
- categorize the words using the following criteria (where possible): noun/adjective/verb/adverb
- record the definition of 5-7 words
You can find blank word search grids here: Word Search Grid