Are you looking for FREE, fun and engaging teacher activities and resources related to Valentine's Day? Here is a scrambled letters word search puzzle to give the kiddos as a way to support learning without them even knowing it! Puzzle activates problem solving strategies and continues to build vocabulary.
Here is how to solve the puzzle:
1. First, rearrange the letters to reveal the words hidden in the grid (rearranging letters draws upon memory and knowledge of letter pattern/word knowledge and experience with vocabulary).
2. Next, record the correct spelling, if needed.
3. Then, locate the words hidden in the grid. Use the circled letters as letter hints. They are the first letter of each of the 15 words hidden in the grid.
4. Trace the letter paths.
5. Finally, track progress by crossing out words as they are located in the grid.
There are many BENEFITS to using puzzles as a learning or teaching strategy.
- engage the brain and activate problem solving strategies
- support vocabulary building
- help with memory and visual acuity
- engage critical thinking skills
- support distance learning, in-class instruction and a hybrid learning environment of both in-class and remote learning
- support homeschooling and tutoring learning environments
Scrambled letters word search is available in both the free, downloadable PDF and in Google apps versions.