Are you looking for educational activities and resources to support Valentine's Day? Here is a word search like puzzle, called a word maze, that engages students' brains while making learning fun. Puzzle supports vocabulary building, helps to consolidate spelling, and encourages development of problem solving strategies.
To solve the puzzles:
l. review the list of 15 words below the grid
2. locate the circled letter which is the first letter of the first word in the word maze
3. determine the word and trace its letter path
4. letter paths travel up, down, right, left and diagonally in all directions; so, letter paths do cross (this adds to the challenge)
5. at the end of the first word, review both the surrounding letters and the word list to determine the next word
6. trace the letter path
7. continue tracing each word's letter path until the last word is found
Word maze puzzle is available in both free, downloadable PDF and Google apps versions.