|BHM Crosspatch 09 For Google Apps
Looking for a free, fun and engaging Black History Month crosspatch puzzle to support programming? Here is a BHM crosspatch puzzle that to introduce and help vocabulary building. Puzzle engages students in multiple problem solving strategies (see list below) to complete the puzzle. Crosspatch puzzles like crossword puzzles. However, there are a couple of main differences:
1) the list of clues is exclusively word clues, and
2) list of words are not organized in any order.
To solve the puzzle, fill-in-the-blanks with the correct words.
Download the free puzzle to print and/or copy the file to your computer to complete is using Google Apps version.
Here are some problem solving strategies:
- review the list of 20 words (engages the brain)
- organize list of words by number of letters in the word (organize information)
- identify words with the least number letters, or the most number of letters, or words with a unique number of letters (e.g. 4-letters: bail or 9-letters: integrate) (organize information)
- fill-in-the-blanks that match these words (1:1 correspondence)
- track progress by marking off words as the puzzle blanks are filled (process of elimination)
- fill-in-the-blanks with remaining word clues that match letter intersection points in the puzzle (using prior knowledge with regular crossword puzzles)
- use trial and error as needed to complete the puzzle