Are you looking for educator lesson plan activities and resources to support February's Black History Month? Here is a hint free word search puzzle, suitable for students in grades 5-8. Puzzle engages the brain and activates problem solving strategies. Puzzle supports home school, English language learners and differentiated classrooms while making learning fun without the kids even knowing it!
Words included in this word search are: justice, black, equality, integrate, inclusive, tolerate, segregation, suffrage
Solve the puzzle
-review the words below the grid
-locate each word hidden in the grid
-trace the letter paths
-letter paths travel horizontally, vertically and diagonally in all 8 directions
-track progress by crossing off each word as it is found
Puzzle is available in both Google apps and free, downloadable PDF versions. Supports distance learning, hybrid learning environments (ie. in-class and remote learning) and in-class learning environments.
Other lesson plan ideas might include:
- list the words in alphabetical order
- use the list of words as writing prompts for reports, journal entries, play writing
- use the list of words to suggest possible research topics (e.g. suffrage, racism, inclusive)
- challenge students' creativity by having them create their own word search puzzles to exchange with friends to solve
- have students work collaboratively to solve the puzzle