|Chemistry Vocab Scrambled Word Search #03()|
Are you a teacher looking for lesson plan resources for academic chemistry? The answer is a chemistry vocabulary scrambled letters word search puzzle that engages critical thinking skills, activates problem solving strategies and supports review of academic vocabulary. There are 24 chemistry words, related to the periodic table, with scrambled letter clues. The challenge is to locate the words (examples could include: covalent bond, group, cyclotron) hidden in the grid.
Solve the puzzle:
1. rearrange the scrambled letters to reveal the words hidden in the grid and then record the correct spelling (keeps track of the words hidden in the grid)
2. find the circled letters which are first letter hints
3. trace the letter paths of each academic word
4. track progress by checking off each word as it is found
NOTE: Some word clues include two or more words. The scrambled letters in each group do not always represent the number of letters in each of the groups of letters.
Unique lesson plan ideas:
1. have students use list of academic vocabulary to create their own experiments
2. have students create their own word search puzzles to share with peers to solve [link to blank word search grids is below]
3. engage critical thinking skills by having students make connections between the list of these chemistry words and the elements found in the periodic table [periodic elements' puzzles to support this activity can be found here: Chemistry-Periodic Table puzzles]
Blank word search grids can be found at this link: blank word search grids.
Puzzle suitable as:
- tutoring resource to support vocabulary and knowledge building
- vocabulary resource for students in high school grades 9-12 learning academic chemistry language
- vocabulary building for students in home school learning environments
- for providing university students with a review of periodic table vocabulary and elements