Are you looking for educator resources for academic chemistry? Here is a chemistry vocabulary word angle puzzle to engage critical thinking skills, and activate problem solving strategies while supporting review of academic chemistry vocabulary. The list of 24 words is related to the periodic table. Note that wordangle puzzles are word search puzzles with a twist! Most words have a right hand twist in the letter path.
Solve the puzzle:
1. re view the list of words below the grid
2. locate each word in the grid, using the circled letter as the letter hint
3. circle, or trace, the letter paths of each academic word, remembering about the right hand turn; some letter paths will cross
4. track progress by checking off each word as it is found
Useful lesson plan ideas:
1. have students create their own word search puzzles to share with peers [see link below]
2. augment learner engagement by having students make connections between this list of chemistry words and elements of the periodic table [locate periodic table of elements puzzles here: Chemistry-Periodic Table puzzles]
Here is the link to the blank word search grids: blank word search grids.
Puzzle is suitable for:
- tutoring high school students to support academic vocabulary building
- providing academic vocabulary building resources for high school students in grades 9-12
- home school learning environments
- providing university students with a dynamic review of periodic table vocabulary and elements