|Chemistry Vocab Word Maze #05()|
Looking for educator lesson plan resources for chemistry vocabulary? This academic chemistry word maze puzzle includes a list of 25 word clues, whose letters paths meander through the word search grid, creating a maze like effect when the letter paths are traced from beginning to the end.
Solve the puzzle:
l. review, FIRST, the complete list of 25 words to 'engage' the brain
2. letter paths travel vertically, horizontally, forwards, backwards and diagonally: trace the paths from the circled letter to the end!
3. letter paths DO cross
4. track progress, by checking off the words
Lesson plan activity ideas:
1. have students create their personal word search puzzles using any number of academic chemistry words [blank word searches link, below]
2a. create additional critical thinking skills activities by having students make connections between lists of chemistry words and elements of the periodic table [puzzles found here: Chemistry-Periodic Table puzzles]
2b. here are some ideas: 1) organize information between the two word lists using any number of criteria, 2) match academic chemistry vocabulary with elements of the periodic table, 3) encourage students to spell the chemistry vocabulary using periodic table symbols [e.g. using the elements: Carbon, Argon, Boron, Oxygen and Nitrogen, spell the word: C A R B O N; or could C A R B O N be spelled using different symbols?]
3. foster collaborative learning environments: have students work together on activity #2 in its various forms
Blank word search link found here: blank word searches.
Benefits of working with puzzles:
1. engages critical thinking skills
2. activates problem solving skills
3. engages the brain
4. helps to improve memory
5. supports brain health
6. consolidates spelling of the more challenging academic words
7. supports visual acuity