|Earth Space Crosspatch-04 For Google Apps
Are you an educator looking for challenging and interactive lesson plan activities and resources for Earth Space? This crosspatch puzzle includes a list of 12 space word clues and activates problem solving strategies as kids work through solving the puzzle.
Puzzle is available as downloadable puzzle to print and in Google apps format.
Solve the Puzzle
1. Review the list of word clues.
2. Start with word clues that have the most number or the least number of letters in the words. No letter hints provided.
3. Then, fill in the blanks. Look for intersection points for letters and then fill in the blanks.
4. Continue until the puzzle is complete.
Choice Board Activity Ideas
1. Have students create puzzles of all kinds: crossword puzzles, scrambled letter puzzles, matching and word search puzzles using blank word search grids (see link below). Share with someone to solve.
2. Get students to create a treasure map using as many of the space words as possible.
3. Engage kids with 'What If?' questions: What if the Earth had zero hydrogen? Then what? Explain your thinking.
Link to word search grid: word search grid