|Earth Space Wordangles 02 For Google Apps
Are you looking for teacher, parent, care-giver resources for Earth Space that are fun and interactive? This wordangle puzzle, similar to the word search, includes a twist in the puzzle - a right angle twist. A list of 20 space words are hidden in the grid. Choice board activity ideas, found below, include a number of creative ideas to support distance, blended and differentiated learning. Puzzle is suitable for students in grades 4,5,6, home schools and as a tutoring resource.
To access the free puzzle to print, click on the image for the PDF. To access the Google apps version, click on the Google apps link to copy the file to the computer.
To solve the puzzle:
- review the list of words below the grid
- locate the letter hints for each of the words
- trace the letter path, remembering to watch for the right hand turn in most word paths
- some paths may cross
- check off each word as it is located
Choice board activities:
l. ENGAGE creativity by encouraging kids to ask, What if/What would happen if? questions using the list of words as clues. For example: If the moon phases changed, then what might that look like? What might astronauts see if they landed on the planet _______?
2. ENCOURAGE students' imaginations by getting them to create a treasure map using some of the space words (e.g. Uranus, crater, space probe).
3. IGNITE imagination and innovation by getting kids to engineer a model for their ideal habitable planet.
4. CONSOLIDATE understanding of concepts by getting kids to define concepts: e.g. space probe, space probe, shooting star, rotation vs revolution.
5. ENGAGE kids' brains by having them create word searches from blank grids (links below).
Link to blank word search grids: blank word search
Link to basic 11x11 word search grid: 11 by 11 grid
Link to sun shaped, blank word search grid: sun shaped word search grid Use this blank grid as a: planet, the sun, full moon, new moon, harvest moon
Link to moon shaped, blank word search grid: moon shaped word search grid