|Earth Space Wordangles 11 For Google Apps
Are you looking for teacher, care-giver and parent activity ideas and resources for Earth Space? This wordangle puzzle, similar to a word search, includes a list of 19 space words hidden in the grid. Most letter paths have one right angled turn and some paths will cross. Choice board activity ideas, below, augment programming: included are a number of innovative ideas, which can incorporate both online and offline resources to support the activity. Puzzle is suitable for students in grades 4,5,6, home schools and as a tutoring resource.
To access the free puzzle to print, click on the image for the PDF. To access the Google apps version, click on the Google apps link to copy the file to the computer.
Solve the puzzle
- review the list of 19 words below the grid
- locate each word hidden in the grid
- trace the letter paths, remembering to watch for the right hand turn in most paths
- some word paths may cross
- check off words as they are located
Choice board activities:
l. IGNITE student curiosity by encouraging kids to ask questions. For example: 1. What if the space probe got lost in another universe. Then what? 2. What if a planet's atmosphere needed rings to maintain orbit. Then what?
2. ENGAGE creativity by engaging kids' imaginations with map making. Create a treasure map using some of the space words in the list (e.g. atmosphere, binary star, inertia)
3. IGNITE innovation by getting kids to construct a model (either 2D or 3D) for a new space probe. Remember to include notes on planning, or pictures (stages of construction), problems and how they were solved, final product, reflections)
4. FOSTER independence and creativity by having kids create word searches from blank word search grids (links below)
Link to blank word search grids: blank word search
Link to basic 11x11 word search grid: 11 by 11 grid
Link to sun shaped, blank word search grid: sun shaped word search grid Use this blank grid as a: planet, the sun, full moon, new moon, harvest moon
Link to moon shaped, blank word search grid: moon shaped word search grid