Are you looking for choice board activity ideas and resources for landforms? Crossword puzzle engages kid's critical thinking skills and supports distance learning. Include brain teaser in choice boards. Answers included with the file download. Letter hints support differentiated learning. Suitable for kids in grades 3-5, home schools and as a tutoring resource.
Solve the puzzle
l. Engage the brain - review the list of clues
2. Start with clues that have letter hints AND: a) fill in a blank space; b) are plurals; c) are opposites/synonyms; d) complete a sentence; e) are easily identifiable (e.g. Down clue#10: hill)
3. Fill in the blanks with the correct words that have letter hints (as much as possible)
4. Use the completed blanks to answer the remaining across and down clues.
Choice board activity ideas:
- use the list of landform words to create puzzles, board games, flash cards (image on one side and definition or description on the other)
- research one of the landforms
- construct a 3D model of a landform, including color and labels
Looking to create word search puzzles? Here is a link to numerous templates of blank word search grids: blank word search grid.