|Landforms Hidden Words #02 For Google Apps
Are you looking for challenging lesson plan resources to support kids learning about earth science and landforms? Here is a landforms hidden words word search puzzle to engage critical thinking skills and support kids in their development as independent learners. Puzzle activates problem solving strategies, and makes learning fun without the kids even knowing it!
This challenging word search is available in downloadable printable and Google Slides™ formats.
Solve the puzzle
1. first, brainstorm possible words to be included in the word search grid
2. next, locate the 15 start bubbles, which are the beginning letter for each hidden word
3. then, trace the letter paths
4. letter paths travel up, down, right, left and diagonally in all 8 directions
5. finally, record the words in the space provided at the bottom of the page
Lesson plan activity ideas:
l. use list of recorded words as writing prompts (e.g. research topic, report writing)
2. organize the recorded list of words into categories (e.g. land, water, both)
3. record the words in reverse alphabetical order