|Periodic Table Wordangle #01()|
Looking for educator resources for the periodic table of elements? Here is a periodic table wordangle puzzle with a list of 20 unique periodic elements. Letter hints are provided to support differentiated classrooms (circled letters).
Solve the puzzle:
1.FIRST, review the list of words to engage the brain
2 REMEMBER: word paths travel: vertically, horizontally, forwards, backwards, but not diagonally
3. NEXT, locate the circled letters, which are the starting points for each hidden word
4. NOTE: some letter paths DO cross, and most word paths include one right hand turn
5. THEN: trace the letter paths
6. FINALLY, check off each word as you find it, to track progress
Other lesson plan activities:
1. have students create their own word search puzzles and exchange with peers to solve [see link below for blank word searches]
2. encourage students to spell academic vocabulary using periodic table symbols [e.g. spell the word: C A R B O N using the elements: Carbon, Argon, Boron, Oxygen and Nitrogen; or could C A R B O N be spelled using different symbols?]
3. can students use the periodic table of elements to spell their names?
Link to blank word search grids: blank word searches.
Include puzzles in programming to:
1. engage and develop students' critical thinking skills
2. activate and support development of students' problem solving skills
3. engage the brain
4. help improve memory
5. support consolidation of spelling of academic words
6. support visual acuity