|Word Maze Builds Vocab()|
Why use puzzles in the classroom? St. Patrick's Day word maze puzzle supports learning vocabulary in a fun and interactive way. The list of 20 words is hidden in a word search grid. Students must trace each letter path, consecutively, to create a maze within in the grid.
Some words included in this puzzle: memorable, clover, shamrock, Ireland, March, Celtic
Puzzle fosters a collaborative and cooperative classroom when students work together to solve the puzzle. Collaboration also helps to improve communication skills, team building and interpersonal skills.
5 simple steps to solve the puzzle:
1. locate the circled letter (this is the first letter for the 1st hidden word)
2. trace the letter path to spell the word (letters travel up, down, forwards, backwards)
3. at the end of the word locate the first letter of the next word and trace its letter path
4. the challenge is to determine the next word from the list of word clues (list of words is not in alphabetical order, which supports problem solving strategy skills)
5. repeat steps 2-3 until the maze is complete
1. letter paths do not cross.
2. help reduce word choice by recording each word as its found.
Word maze puzzle is suitable for students in grades 3-5 in home school and classroom learning environments.