|Valentine's Day Activity Page - 18()|
Looking for teacher lesson plan resources for your Valentine's Day unit? Here is a Grade 3 Valentine's Day activity page that includes:
l. a list of 15 words hidden in the grid (bouquet, wonderful, treats, teddy bear, cupid, mail, share, bow, feelings, flowers, glitter, peach, red, receive, box), plus
2. a follow up activity
This language based follow up activity directs students to choose one word and then write a short paragraph.
Words in the brain teaser may be found hidden in all 8 directions: diagonally, vertically and horizontally.
Here are some additional ideas for using this activity page:
- list the words by number of letters in each word and make sure that they appear in alphabetical order within that group (for example: 3-letter words should be listed this way: bow, box, red)
- choose the word with the most letters and then find and print as many smaller words that you can find within that one larger word (e.g. sample word choice=wonderful: wonder, won, fun, ... )
- categorize the words using the following criteria (where possible): person/place/thing
- have students create fill-in-the-blank sentences and exchange with a peer to complete
- put the words in reverse alphabetical order
- have students create their own word search puzzles and exchange with a friend to solve
You can find blank word search grids here: Word Search Grid