|St. Patrick's Day Wordangle-19 For Google Apps
Are you looking for educator activities and resources for St. Patrick's Day? Here is a St. Patrick's Day word search puzzle with 3 twists to its solution:
1. scrambled letters word clues - activate problem solving skills;
2. most hidden words have a right angled turn in their letter paths - supports visual acuity; and
3. some word clues have more than one word in them, BUT the scrambled letters do not always show the correct number of letters in each word (for example: the word clue 'pot of gold' may be have scrambled letter clues that look like 'gdfooo lpt') - activates critical thinking skills.
To solve this brain teaser, have kids:
-first start by rearranging the letters in each word clue: this reveals the list of words hidden in the grid
-next, record the correct spelling for each word: this helps with solving the puzzle more quickly
-then, locate each word clue in the grid and draw a circle around the hidden word
-watch for any right angle turns in the letter paths
-finally, track progress by checking off each word as it is found
Supports distance learning, hybrid classrooms (in-person and virtual learning) and in-person learning environments. Available in PDF (print) and Google Apps versions.
Here are other lesson plan activities:
l. have students find smaller words within larger word clues (e.g. the word clue: four leaf clover, can generate some of these smaller words: for, clove, leave, lever, feel, over)
2. include the puzzle in literacy centers
3. word list can be used as writing prompts