|BHM Crosspatch 02 For Google Apps
Why include puzzles in the classroom? Puzzles complement ongoing curriculum and programming. How? Brain teaser puzzles support support visual acuity (e.g. word searches), fine motor skills development (e.g. crosswords )and problem solving strategies (e.g. Sudoku, cryptograms, cryptolists). This Black History Month crosspatch puzzle builds awareness and vocabulary around Black History Month. Crosspatch puzzles are similar to crossword puzzles, except that the clues are word clues and not organized in any order. To solve the puzzle fill in the blanks with the correct words. Puzzle includes letter hints.
Strategies to solve the puzzle:
1. Review the list of words to engage the brain.
2. If needed, organize words by number of letters in the word (3,4,5,etc)
3. Fill in the blanks with the words that match with the letter clues.
4. To track progress, mark off those words to eliminate the word choices.
5. Identify words with the least number letters, or the most number of letters.
5. Fill in the blanks that match these words.
6. Scan the grid for intersection points of letters and match them with the words left to fill in.
Download the free puzzle to print and/or copy the file to your computer to complete is using Google Apps version.