|BHM Crosspatch 04 For Google Apps
Are you looking for teacher resources to support Black History Month? Use this Black History Month crosspatch puzzle (with letter hints) to build vocabulary and students' problem solving strategies. These crosspatch puzzles are similar to crosswords and freeform puzzles, except that the clues are word clues and not organized in any order. Puzzle includes letter hints to support differentiated classrooms. Students fill in the blanks with the correct words.
Here are some ideas of how to solve the puzzle:
- review the list of words to engage the brain (gets the brain searching for connections between the number of blanks and number of letters in the words clues)
- if needed, organize words by number of letters in the word (cataloguing and organizing are some problem solving strategies)
- fill in the blanks with the words that match with the letter clues (letter hints help students get started)
- to track progress, mark off those words (strategy to eliminate the word choices)
- identify words with the least number letters, or the most number of letters (another way to organize information to help limit choices)
- fill in the blanks that match these words
- scan the grid for intersection points of letters and match them with the words left to fill in
Download the free puzzle to print and/or copy the file to your computer to complete is using Google Apps version.