|BHM Crosspatch 11 For Google Apps
Are you an educator looking for a free, interactive lesson plan resources for Black History Month? Here is a BHM crosspatch puzzle to support vocabulary building and engage students in multiple problem solving strategies in order to complete this puzzle. Students are probably familiar with crossword puzzles. Crosspatch puzzles are similar to crossword puzzles, except for a couple of main differences:
1) list of clues is exclusively word clues, and
2) list of word clues is not organized by number of letters (similar to freeform crosswords puzzles)
To solve the puzzle, fill-in-the-blanks with the correct words.
Download the free puzzle to print and/or copy the file to your computer to complete is using Google Apps version.
Problem solving strategies:
- REVIEW the list of words (engages the brain)
- ORGANIZE word clues by number of letters (organizes information)(similar to the freeform crossword pattern)
- IDENTIFY word with the least number letters, or most number of letters, or a word with a unique number of letters (e.g. 3 letters-bus; 13-letters-demonstration) (organizes information)
- FILL-IN-THE-BLANKS with any unique words (1:1 correspondence)
- TRACK PROGRESS by marking off words as blanks are filled (eliminate word clue choices)
- FILL-IN-THE-BLANKS with remaining word clues that match letter intersection points (using prior knowledge with regular crossword puzzles)
- use TRIAL & ERROR as needed to complete the puzzle